COVID-19 10-Step Action Plan
CoVid-19 advice updates all the time. Here is the latest available. We will update you as we discover more about how to manage the coronavirus.
Ten-Step action plan
- Drink lots of hot liquids, and sip hot water every 20 minutes to keep mouth moist.
- Gargle with antiseptic (using salt, vinegar or lemon) in warm water every day.
- The virus attaches to hair and clothes. Shower immediately and wash your clothes after having been out in the street.
- Clean metallic surfaces as the virus can remain active for 9 days. If out and about, avoid touching anything like handrails and benches. Animals don’t spread the virus.
- Don’t smoke.
- Wash hands every 20 minutes with foaming soap.
- Eat fruit and vegetables.
- Manage your stress and anxiety, as these can deplete your immune system.
- Avoid getting the common ‘flu as it weakens the system.
- At the first signs (discomfort in the throat) follow the above points.
Remember, the virus remains 3-4 days in the throat before entering the lungs. The danger is when the mucous thickens, solidifies and obstructs the respiratory pathways in the lungs.
If your cold persists or you have difficulty breathing, call your local Healthline immediately. In addition, we can help support your immune and respiratory systems, and help you deal with stress and anxiety.